Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 14, 2011

A typical week!

This


This pictture of the YSAs is supposeed to be further down but I accidently deleted it and whhen I put it back it went to the top, Oh well!!!!!!!!!

the title of this YSA picture is "All Day All Night"




It is about 6:am on a what promises to be a beautiful day as I head out the door and up the street for a power-walk with my sticks(nortic poles). This is looking down the street from our apartment.










I'm heading down a long street out of the huge apartment complex.










First on my route is my friend Fido (white golden Retriever) and his owner Martin (Marcheen) who actually worrks for Cargill Inc. which is the company Ross worked for years ago. He and I meet up for a few minuts almost every day and talk "dogs". Fido is a good puppy and is about a year and a half old.





























The picture above is Duck Creek ( our name for it.) It usually has many families of ducks. Earlier this year there were several batches of babies.







After I leave Duck Creek, I see my 2 other friends, Tara and Grum (Groom which means Thunder clap.) with their owners Andrzej and Andrzej, which happen to be one of the most popular names in Poland. We visit for a few minutes. Andrzej speaks somee english and Andrzej speeaks only polish so I try to say a sentence in Polish such as Ja mam dwa psi v Las Vegas. I hve 2 dogs in Las Vegas. They laugh and correct my polish sometimes and we bid each other Milego dnia and we are on our way.




























Now I'm heading toward Pepsi Park ( my take on the park). This park is in our community, I think. It's like a beach awway from the beach. Sand, tons of it. Cabanas, playground, sand volly ball, snack places and even a outdoor bar. Tbhere is also a hugee blow-up spiderman slide that deflates at night. Notice the fake palm trees.































I'm heading back home.




























My apartment is in sight. All in all it is about a 5 mile walk. I'll have to change the route when winter sets in as the duck creek area gets deep with snow.




In I go!



























Time for a quick shower at the aparrtment( home away from home). and off I go to the Mission office which is the which is one of many places we are during the week. This is our apartmeent as I come in the front door. (Actually the only door)











This picture was taken at a YSA Fireside held at the Mission Home Sunday night. Actually, this should have come before my walk pictures. These are, of course, all our great YSAs
























Solongo, one of our sweet YSAs and me at the fireside.




























Piotr and Klara (his best friend)










Ross and I headed over to the Branch on Tuesday as we had some Branch work to do and we had a YSA Council meeting and YSA Family Home Evening and Institute which I am teaching tonight.






We had a meeting with our YSA council and the Missionaries that work with the YSAS. Kamila on the left with Marta, our YSA District and Warsaw rep. Elder Sorn next to Ross and Elder Davis.





























After the YSA council, we had FHE ( Family Home Evening), Institute and Pizza.



















The best picture of the YSA group accidently went to the beginning of the blog. bummer!!!!

















I am now in line at the store called Bia Dronka (Lady bug). It is packed with loads of people who are stocking up for the three day weekend. I am stocking up for a YSA sports Saturday, burgers, sausage, chips, pickles, watermelon, juice etc. I had to wait in line for a cart for about 15 minutes.













































That is one cart of the supplies for the YSAs, what you don't see is the rest............watermelon, juice and water. Once it is all paid for, I heft it in to bags which I bring and then get it out to the car which is parked a half block away. Then back to the office.






The Sports Saturday activity started off with Volley Ball, more people came, more volley ball, grilling and hanging out. And my battery went dead.






































This was pretty much a wrap on the week. We are usually at the Branch at least five times a week, office every day, YSA activitys every week, English and Institute, helped an older Gentleman get some furniture moved aand the list goes on. But it is all good and we are so glad to be here with tthe great people of Poland!!!!!



























































































































































































4 comments:

  1. the first one is the best, all day all night, awesome! We love sister! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    SO MUCH MUCH MUCH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah we love you both of you!!

    you're the bestest!

    Solongo

    ReplyDelete