Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 12, 2011

It was more like 'Wolleyball!'

Last week it was the first ever Polish Mission Grand Prix. This week it was Volleyball and next week if I have my way about it is going to read 'Gone Fishing!' Reading this Blog lately it probably seems like all we do is play. Well, let it be known these missionaries and YSA are hard at their jobs, schooling and callings 6 days a week so it's all good when they can get out and let some energy fly for a couple hours. They need and deserve it.
















YSA volleyball was held for an hour at a local Warsaw sports facility yesterday. Guess who is the only one on the court wearing street clothes. It was alright though as I was about the only one who played like the last one chosen on the team. Let's see, the last time I drove a Go-Gart was in Myrtle Beach South Carolina 38 years ago and had the priveledge of being thrown off the track for 'reckless', driving. And my last game of any kind of V-ball was in 66' in Viet-Nam of all places so I have plently of years behind me to formulate my excuses. It surely couldn't be age, thats for sure. However, I was wondering why my body felt like a Mack truck had run over it getting out of bed this morning. Our numbes of Young Single Adults may be few but we did have 16, (including missionaries) out for the games. We are slowly growing and as the school year ends an the Colleges let out for the summer along with the better weather we see our numbers swelling. And thanks to our young leaders, (Kasia G. and her staff) we have some pretty neat events planned for this summer and fall including a trip to a mountain Condo/home which will include some hicking as well as a service project while we are there. Jean and I are gratefull to have the additional calling of working with these special young people who are the life both of this country and the future of our Church.







No comments:

Post a Comment