Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 9, 2011

WHAT ELSE DO WE DO IN POLAND-------EAT!

To prove it here we are at the Hard Rock Cafe (Warsaw) with Paul and Nola Harber, (Palmyra Ward,Lakes Stake) after a meeting. Don't be deceived by my weight which looks to be about 20 lbs heavier....it's really closer to 30! The Harbers were suspose to be on the same schedule we were coming over but had to delay their departure by a few weeks. He is the Branch Pres in a town calld Lodz, (Woose) and Nola is doing work with the Young Singles among other things. Other photos include some shots taken at the first FHE gathering of the Y. Singles along with more food, of course. I've never eaten as many different kind of cookies and sweets. I know I'm addicted or maybe I always have been but had a mulititude of other things at home to keep me away from this devil food. The couple sitting (and eating) with our YSA leader Kasha is the Irelands who head up the CES calling for Poland. They are from Australia and will be returning in the Spring. The group picture of the Elders and Sister was taken at the Mission Pres. home at lunch break from a training meeting. They were singing a before lunch hymn in the Polish songbook. Absolutely wonderful young men and women. Ask yourself, those of you who didn't serve or who are not members if you at age 19 could leave all you had at home, learned a very difficult foreign language, leave home with two suitcases and come to a country of 95% Catholics and work, day and night searching for people to hear our message. Add to this the weather and very marginal living conditions at times and all of this and more on about $250.00/month. I seriously doubt if I could have done this at that age. The other photos include some of the Warsaw Missionaries also having a 'P' day meal at the 'Cafe'. An unsuspected picture of Jean which shows her "intenseness" and when she she see's that I have included it on the Blog she is very likely to get 'intense' with me. Then the opening of the 'care' package which included some items we found we needed such as Hersheys Chocl sauce, Irish Spring soap, cookie chips and even my Harley-Davidson fleece jacket, among other 'necessities'. Thank goodness for someone at home who can (and does) respond to our needs and wishes and of course Skype which has been really great as we talk to and see the family. Next Saturday, on our Prep day we have set up a go-cart race with Pres Stan and myself against the office Elders and PA's then that afternoon an ice skating outing with the 18-30 year olds. So, if I am unable to Blog next week you will know why.





























































































2 comments:

  1. There was a newly returned missionary from my stake that spoke in our ward on Sunday. He served in Poland!! I meant to go after him to see if he knew you guys but I got side tracked and he was gone before I could find him. :( I'll have to find out his name and see if you know him!
    Love you guys... I absolutely love the close up of Aunt Jeans face. You can tell she is looking at something "questionable".

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both seem to be enjoying yourselves!

    ReplyDelete